Tips and Tricks on How to Manage Stress
1. Follow social media influencers who inspire you and share the same values as you.
I found three influencers who help me stay positive. These influencers post their personal growth with nutrition, mental health, and physical health. They also share their stories, their achievements, and even their struggles with mental health and body image. By following their instagram pages, I found a sense of unity, a feeling of I’m not alone that helped me form better daily habits and thoughts about myself.
- A tip I learned from @mikzazon was that she uses the phrase, “1, 2, 3…GO!” whenever she feels anxious about doing a task, or before going somewhere. This has been a helpful tool that I use throughout my day because that’s it, I just have 1, 2, 3 seconds to go go go!
- @leahitstine admits she just sometimes takes a minute to have a power cry. Leah also offers great advice on balanced, and realistic eating, which can be found using her B.A.R.E. guides https://www.leahitsines.com.au/. Her recipes and passion for food inspired me to re-take control of my eating habits.
- @marillewellyn offers exercises that can be done from home or at the gym. Also, Bloom Nutrition https://bloomnu.com/ sells products, like protein powder, fish oil, matcha, and greens and superfoods supplements to add to your daily routine.
2. The Five Senses Meditation, or the 5-4-3-2-1 exercise. 5 things you notice in the room 4 things you can feel (such as your shirt on your skin, the chair you are sitting on, the breeze from a fan, your feet on the floor, etc.), 3 things you can hear, 2 things you like the smell of, 1 thing you like the taste of or 1 good feeling you have about yourself.
3. Bullet journaling is a useful way to brainstorm goals, to track your mood, or to jot down ideas and feelings.
4. Go for a nature walk.
5. Share your thoughts with a friend or partner.